So, having an experienced real estate agent by your side to help you through the complicated process is a must for both the novice and seasoned home buyer or seller. With the COVID-19 pandemic throwing our home and family lives into a tailspin, just the right realtor is even more important this holiday season and beyond.
This is why Rachel Lester, of Keller Williams in Philadelphia, is a perfect choice. Lester, who earned an MBA from The Wharton School, has tips for both sellers and buyers this time of year.
It is clear from talking to Lester that she adores what she does and loves “matching” buyers and sellers with the homes, condos, townhouses, and apartments of their dreams. She represents buyers, sellers, and investors on the Main Line and Philadelphia.
She is proud to be “a seasoned, highly organized marketing professional and community leader with a deep knowledge of the Main Line where I have lived for the last twelve years,” explains Lester. “I am results-oriented, detailed, a problem solver and an analytical thinker with a versatile business background including financial, marketing, and human resources experiences.”
Three top tips for prospective sellers?
- Pricing is critically important. It is wise to underprice slightly in a hot market to generate multiple offers. Let your agent be your guide in this process.
- The presentation of your home maximizes value. It needs to be decluttered, painted neutral colors, and staged if need be. High-quality professional photos and videos are essential. The home is sold online as much as in person.
- Select a local agent. Agents who do very little business in your town do not understand neighborhoods, pricing, or buyer tastes as well. They do not have a database full of local buyers nor do they have relationships with local agents.
Three top tips for buyers?
- Buyers have very little power in this crazy seller’s market. In a multiple-offer situation, you need to act quickly and bid aggressively.
- If you are not on a school calendar and want a good deal, look in summer or holiday time. I find my best bargains in December.
- Become very focused on what you want — an area. price range and a style of home and go after it. Know your deal breakers. — if you never want to live on a busy road, do not look there.
For further information, please contact Rachel Lester:
or email: [email protected]